Welcome

Although a new chapter of life is beginning, I would love to maintain the friendships and relationships that God has blessed me with over the past 23 years of my life. This blog will not be a complete story of everything that is going on in my life (and I'm sure you're all very thankful for that) but I want to provide a way in which to stay in contact and to provide at least a glimpse of the places that I'll go, the people that I'll meet and the lessons and knowledge that will come about through various experiences.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Casper: more than just a friendly ghost

Week one in Casper, Wyoming is finished and though it's not the same kind of tired as being in school and studying hours on end, I'm exhausted. Hands on learning is awesome but it also requires you to be on your toes constantly and really tests how well you really know your stuff!

Casper is a pretty interesting town. I don't have internet in my apartment so whenever I have stuff that I need to do I have to go find free internet somewhere. Thankfully McDonalds has free internet and they don't close early... I think the workers at McDonalds are starting to wonder why in the world I keep showing up with my computer every night and leave at about the same time.

I've asked all the locals what kind of stuff I should do while I'm in Casper and almost without fail their response is "well there's not much to do." I had a couple people recommend going to the rodeo or on fly fishing trips. Although these things sound interesting to me, I can't help but say "I don't think I'm in Southern California anymore." I'm planning on going to Yellowstone with a couple of my classmates in the next couple weekends but apart from that weekends will be kind of interesting to see how creative I can be. I even volunteered to go into the hospital tomorrow to help with a couple patients and everyone made fun of me for being an over achiever. When I told them that I really don't know anyone in town and have nothing else to do they gave me the benefit of the doubt, however.

If anyone knows of things to do in Casper let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment