Welcome

Although a new chapter of life is beginning, I would love to maintain the friendships and relationships that God has blessed me with over the past 23 years of my life. This blog will not be a complete story of everything that is going on in my life (and I'm sure you're all very thankful for that) but I want to provide a way in which to stay in contact and to provide at least a glimpse of the places that I'll go, the people that I'll meet and the lessons and knowledge that will come about through various experiences.

Friday, August 24, 2012

It's about time.

There have been many times in the last few months that I've thought to come on here and give everyone an update but then busyness gets in the way and lets face it, this isn't my top priority. 

I'm done with my first full year of PT school and am definitely relieved that this past year is done. It's amazing how much information professors can throw at you in a short amount of time and also amazing that I feel like I've actually retained most of it. I've had classes that I've loved and classes that I've hated but overall I'm very happy with the field that I'm in. 

I'm moving up to Casper, Wyoming tomorrow for my first clinical experience at Wyoming Medical Center. It's going to be an awesome learning experience and I'm very excited to not be in a classroom for those 6 weeks. I was told that I'll get to sit in on a couple surgeries (both spinal and orthopedic) which should be very exciting and interesting. I've spent hundreds of hours in clinics but this is the first time as a student and with that title comes a lot more opportunities! 

I love living in Colorado and though I haven't spent as much time in the great outdoors as I would like, I've been able to go on a few hikes this summer and spend some time in the mountains camping. After summer semester finished, I packed my car and drove into the mountains and spent 2 nights away from people. It was a great time to recharge and read. All I can say is that God's creativity cannot be matched. 

I'll just let this short post suffice for now. I'll try to be better at updating this with pictures of trips and lessons that I'm learning. Thank you all for being a part of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you clincal Kev! You will do GREAT. I hope you learn a lot and come bac with a vast knowledge of what it means to be a physical therapist :) Keep living for God every single day and you will do GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete