Welcome

Although a new chapter of life is beginning, I would love to maintain the friendships and relationships that God has blessed me with over the past 23 years of my life. This blog will not be a complete story of everything that is going on in my life (and I'm sure you're all very thankful for that) but I want to provide a way in which to stay in contact and to provide at least a glimpse of the places that I'll go, the people that I'll meet and the lessons and knowledge that will come about through various experiences.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

catching up

Over the past 4 years a lot has changed in my life. I started Dordt College in the fall of 2007 with every intention on becoming a civil engineer but after 2 semesters of classes I realized that I would be much happier pursuing an alternate profession. At that point I decided to change my major to Exercise Science and pursue a career in physical therapy. From that time on I have worked at TEAM Physical Therapy and have worked on taking courses for my major but also taking pre-requisites in order to get accepted into PT school. Last fall I applied to 5 different school with every hope that I would end up at Washington University in St. Louis. As time moved on, God began to work through a variety of different experiences and opportunities and though I was accepted into WashU, I have decided on attending Regis University in Denver, Colorado. If I've learned anything over the past year of my life it is that God's plan and my plan don't always match up and also that God will always provide opportunities when He closes doors. It seems ridiculous to have ever been concerned with my future and where God will take me but I guess I'm a slow learner.

Along with going to school in Denver comes that great opportunity to explore the Rocky Mountains and be outside whenever I'm not studying. As I mentioned in the "welcome" section of this blog, this is simply to keep people informed about the places that I go and the things that I see. I hope you all enjoy!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment